26 septembre 2012



Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) improves tax compliance involving foreign financial assets and offshore accounts. Under FATCA, certain U.S. taxpayers with specified foreign financial assets must report those assets to the IRS on Form 8938. FATCA will require foreign financial institutions to report directly to the IRS information about financial accounts held by U.S. taxpayers.

2012 Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program
The IRS offers an offshore voluntary disclosure program to help people get current with their taxes. The current program is open for an indefinite period until otherwise announced.

Help With Tax Questions - International Taxpayers
If you've looked around our site and still didn't find the answer to your general tax question for International Taxpayers, we'd like to help.

Income from Abroad is Taxable
There have been recent reports about the interest of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in taxpayers with bank accounts in Liechtenstein. The IRS' interest, however, extends beyond bank accounts in Liechtenstein to financial accounts anywhere in the world. The IRS reminds you to report your worldwide income on your U.S. tax return and lists the possible consequences of hiding income overseas.

U.S. Citizens by Birth or through a U.S. Citizen Parent
All persons born in the United States are U.S. citizens. This is the case regardless of the tax or immigration status of a persons parents. Furthermore, a person born outside the United States may also be a U.S. citizen at birth if at least one parent is a U.S. citizen and has lived in the United States for a period of time.

U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad
This section covers tax topics for U.S. citizens or resident aliens living overseas.

Taxation of Nonresident Aliens
The U.S. source income of nonresident aliens is subject to U.S. taxation.

Taxation of Resident Aliens
A resident alien's income is generally subject to tax in the same manner as a U.S. citizen.

Foreign Students and Scholars
Aliens temporarily present in the United States as students, trainees, teachers, researchers, exchange visitors, and cultural exchange visitors are subject to special rules with respect to the taxation of their income.

Tax Withholding on Foreign Persons
This section covers tax withholding topics for payments made to U.S. citizens abroad or aliens employed both in the United States and abroad. This section also covers tax withholding and reporting rules on payments of U.S. source income made to foreign persons.

Tax Treaties
Tax treaties may allow residents of foreign countries to be taxed at a reduced rate, or to be exempt from U.S. income taxes on certain items of income they receive from sources within the United States.

Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TIN)
A Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is an identification number used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the administration of tax laws.

Taxation of Foreign Athletes and Entertainers
This section describes the special rules which affect the taxation of foreign athletes and entertainers who have income sourced in the United States.

Alien Taxation - Certain Essential Concepts
This section describes certain essential concepts involved in the taxation of aliens.

Classification of Taxpayers for U.S. Tax Purposes
This section will help you determine if you are a "Foreign Person" or a "United States person" for U.S. tax purposes.

Determining Alien Tax Status
If you are an alien (not a U.S. citizen), you are considered a nonresident alien unless you meet the Green Card test or the Substantial Presence test.

Taxation of Dual-Status Aliens
You are a dual-status alien when you have been both a resident alien and a nonresident alien in the same tax year.

Special Categories of Alien Workers
For U.S. tax purposes, Au Pairs and Farm Workers may be treated differently than others.

Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR)
If you own a foreign bank account, brokerage account, mutual fund, unit trust, or other financial account, then you may be required to report the account yearly to the Internal Revenue Service.

Employees of Foreign Governments or International Organizations
The wages paid to employees of foreign governments and international organizations are not usually taxable, but may be taxable in the case of U.S. citizens and resident aliens.

New Developments in International Taxation
This section provides the latest news on international taxes.









19:40 Publié dans USA et IRS | Tags : irs tax information for international businesses | Lien permanent | Commentaires (0) |  Imprimer | |  Facebook | | | | |

Les commentaires sont fermés.